Voice search is changing the way we behave and interact with technology. By 2020, it is predicted that 50% of searches will be voice searches, leaving tech giants to compete to provide the most instant, accurate and personalised voice assistants. Check out our infographic below based on our recent blog article “Voice Search Trends: You Need To Stop Talking And Start Listening“.
Share this Image On Your Site
<p><strong>Please include attribution to 4mation with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href='https://www.4mation.com.au/infographic-hear-the-voice-try-and-understand-it/'><img src='https://www.4mation.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/hear-the-voice.png' alt='Hear the voice, try and understand it' width='700px' border='0' /></a></p>
What’s in Our Infographic
- By 2020 it is predicted that 50% of searches will be voice searches 1.
- People mostly use voice search while they are performing tasks that require hands-free assistance or minimal disruption 3.
- 40% of adults use voice-based searches on a daily basis 2.
- Common Voice Search Queries 3.:
- Playing music
- Setting alarms and reminders
- Checking the weather
- News headlines or traffic updates
- Shopping lists
- Finding a local business
- Asking for directions
- Finding information on a brand or company
- Finding information on a product
- Managing events or bookings in their calendar
- 70% of requests to the Google Assistant are expressed in natural language 6.
- There has been a 130% increase in searches containing the keywords “Near me” 7.
- 52% of people who own a voice-activated speaker say they keep their device in a common room, such as a family room, living room, etc 5.
- 72% of People who own a voice-activated speaker say they use it to save time and make their daily routine easier and faster 4.
- 62% of users say they are likely to buy something through their voice-enabled speaker in the next month 5.
- Products consumers would buy via voice assistants per category 8.
- Groceries: 37%
- Clothing and accessories: 33%
- Health and beauty: 32%
- Toys and games: 31%
- Electronics: 30%
- Computers and software: 26%
- Home improvement and garden: 23%
- Homewares and furniture: 21%
- Office: 18%
- Sport and outdoor: 16%
- Medical: 15%
- Automotive: 6%