An important part of 4mation’s refined and trusted development process is our formal testing procedures. With a dedicated team of in-house Quality Assurance analysts thoroughly testing all of the websites and software systems we develop, you can be confident that your project will be delivered bug-free and perform according to your specific business requirements.
Website development testing and software regression testing
During the development of your website or software solution, the experienced team at 4mation will run a number of rigorous tests to ensure that the features we’re building for you function according to our mutually agreed project specifications. During an Agile development project, the testing phase occurs during each module’s development cycle or “sprint” – but no matter what the development method, testing is carried out in much the same way.
Our formal testing procedure
Each development project completed by 4mation adheres to the following formal testing process:
- Testing plan: A dedicated Quality Assurance analyst will review the project against the agreed development specification and write a detailed plan to guide the testing process. The plan will include an outline of the conditions against which the tester will assess the fitness of each feature being reviewed.
- Test execution: Once development of a module is complete, integration and regression tests are run by both the developers of the module and our Quality Assurance analysts to ensure that all components are functioning correctly.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT): After adequate testing is completed and any fixes have been implemented, the system is made available to you (the client) via a staging site so that you can review the functionality and approve it prior to going live.
In addition to our standard testing procedure, automated testing is also available to reduce long-term testing costs and offer additional confidence during the development and release of new features.
Automated testing uses software tools to automate the process of executing tests, comparing results against expected outcomes and reporting on the success or failure of each test. The benefits of automated testing include:
- Saving time: By automating simpler testing tasks, our team are able to free up time for testing more complex tasks that can’t be automated
- Reducing costs: Since automated tests can be prepared once and run many times over, automation is perfect for testing systems that are under continual development to ensure they continue to function as intended
- Improving quality: By setting the testing conditions and automating the process of testing, we’re able to reduce the potential for introducing human error – particularly among repetitive testing tasks.
Contact 4mation to find out more about our rigorous testing procedures